Acadia National Park

Other than the processing quirks, do you think you'll ever miss the 36mp sensor? I sold a handful of D600 prints in the last few months that people have wanted HUGE -- like 24x36 and bigger. The photos were uncropped, and I still had to upconvert to meet the minimum DPI from the printer.

Not to sidetrack too much on Destin’s thread but... keep in mind that I don’t know a lot about printing from digital in large sizes. What did everyone do when sensors were less than 20 mp? Less than 12?

wow....

That first might be an often photographed site, but man, how beautiful! You got a keeper for sure! You're gonna be on Fuji's payroll if you continue like this.

That first might be an often photographed site, but man, how beautiful! You got a keeper for sure! You're gonna be on Fuji's payroll if you continue like this.

Haha I don’t think I have a large enough following for that. Though I do think that being a Fuji x photographer would be pretty awesome, it’s a pretty out of reach dream for a nobody like me lol

Haven't had much time to edit because I'm too bust enjoying the park, however I did take this photo last night and couldn't resist editing it at breakfast this morning. When I get home I'll have to do a better masking job so I can print it large, but this will do for web use.

Taken on the X-T3 with the 10-24. Two exposures blended.

Sky: f/4, 30 sec, iso 12,800
Foreground: f/4, 30 seconds, iso 1600

Foreground was taken 34 minutes before the sky.

Acadia Milky Way by Destin Danser, on Flickr

Those are great!
Did you stack the stars at Jordan Pond or leave shutter open?
Where is Boulder beach?

I stacked them; it’s roughly 20 2 minute exposures.

Boulder Beach is just before otter cliffs along the one way coastal section of the loop road, maybe 1/2 a mile past thunder hole.

Back with more. Finally got a chance to sit down and import/edit for a few hours tonight with nothing better to do. These aren't all my best work, but I wanted to show as many aspects of the park as I could.

1.) Sunset at Raven's Nest (10-24, polarizer, ND grads)
Ravens_Nest_Sunset-1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

2.) Rainy Autumn Day on The Jesup Path (10-24 w/ polarizer)
Jesup_Path-1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

3.) Fall Foliage at the base of a mountain - some of the only good color in the park right now (55-200)
Foliage-1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

4.) Fl0wers in the rain - Schooner Head (90 f/2)
Flowers-1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

5.) Catman - Taken from Schooner Head (55-200)
Catman_Boat-1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

6.) Waterfall visible from under a carriage bridge (10-24)
Carriage_Bridge-1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

8.) Another Carriage Bridge (10-24 w/polarizer)
Carriage_Bridge-2 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

9.) Bird at Schooner Head (55-200) - Can anyone ID this bird? Birds are something that I know almost nothing about.
Bird-1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

10.) Returned to Bass Harbor for another sunset. No color, but great texture. Used the 10-24 with a soft edge ND grad. Roughly a 2 minute exposure.
Bass_Harbor_LongExposure-1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

I think it’s a cormorant!

Wow- you are ROCKING that x-t3. Nice!

From YOUR photos, you'd never know we are in the same park!!
Those are terrific, you must be happy with this trip!

Thank you! I’m very happy with it, though I’d be more happy if today wasn’t a wash with the rain.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back