Accepting credit card payments

I'm also not incurring fees by using my debit card as a credit card, so the "privilege of paying with plastic" is that I get to avoid having to carry cash with me.
See that's just it... you are! You're paying them in a different manner, but you're paying them. In fact, we're all paying to some degree for the current fascination with plastic. Retailers know that the majority of customers want to use credit, and the banks charge a fee for that, which the store passes on to the consumer. Additionally, your bank is charging you, 'though probably not overtly.
Retailers/companies push all costs onto consumers. Photographers do it, too. :eek:

Until I get told I have to pay one price for cash and another for credit*, I'm assuming all consumers are paying the same amount for overhead charges, despite the payment method.

I take a look at my bank statements pretty regularly. I have a "no fee" checking account, with some conditions. I meet those conditions, thus, no fees. If you're talking about potential, unknown, convoluted methods that banks use to charge customers, I'll respectfully bow out of the conversation, because I don't know enough to discuss. If they're not giving me enough interest/etc, I'd much rather have my money be insured at a bank than uninsured under my mattress.

Also, an important note, I'm not saying that paying in cash is bad. I'd much rather do that more often. The problem is that I don't want to carry large sums of cash on my person, nor do I want to have to go to the bank on a daily basis. It's easier for me to simply use my debit card, or as @SquarePeg does, use a credit card for the perks.

*Yes, there are some places that have two different prices (most of the places I've seen are gas stations), but I have yet to see this in major retailers. If they start doing that, yes, I will likely start carrying cash with me.

Okay, got that. I'll look into Square and TSys which was recommended by my friend who uses their credit card machines.
And will look into PayPal as well.
So many tips and suggestions! Thanks guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back