Accessories when using AB800 with Nikon D50?

Care to link us to the light set-up you purchased?

Um.. how?

I purchased the B800 (in pink haha), the medium Octabox and a stand.
I also ordered a AS-15 adapter from Adorama.

I will definitely post some pics once everything's set up and in place.. I am going to need your opinions on mixing the lights does indeed work or not. I might be biased. :mrgreen:

Pink? That's Crazy!

(mine are yellow):er:

Gotcha.. again, thanks so much!

It's a little off topic but maybe I can ask here anyways..

About the set-up. Right now I'm working with two incredibly weak continuous lights (app. 150W each, small softboxes) and the Bee will be a big big help as you can imagine. I simply can't afford two bees so what is your suggestion as to how to position the 3 lights?

OK, I know you wrote this a while back but I would ditch the other lights (I tried and tried with mine and they were just too much trouble) and go with reflectors- up too and including mirrors. You will be amazed with how a cheap 3/4 length mirror subs for a strip light.

You need a Nikon AS15. It is a little device that fits in the hot shoe of your camera and provides a PC connector the synch core. They are around $15-$20. I use the D50 every day with studio strobes.

Thanks anyways!
You need a Nikon AS15. It is a little device that fits in the hot shoe of your camera and provides a PC connector the synch core. They are around $15-$20. I use the D50 every day with studio strobes.

Yep.. see post No.16:

I purchased the B800 (in pink haha), the medium Octabox and a stand.
I also ordered a AS-15 adapter from Adorama.

Thanks anyways! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back