achtung! horizontal scroller here....

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
some shots from this morning, my first Mt. Wellington sunrise. Getting up at 5:30 am sucks, taking pics at Mt. Wellington at sunrise rulez!

view of rangitoto here:
109.jpg

The quarry. Drove by here many a time, but never to the top. All I can say is this place is wicked. They are clearing up the old quarry to make residential areas area here. I cropped the this widescreen style, just thought it look better. Sorry for the horizontal scroll!
24.jpg

Very surreal!!! I believe only Mark Nagy could take these photos!!! In other words the colors (or should I say colours) are amazing and the composition is enticing to say the least. Please post all details of exposure etc.

Please post all details of exposure etc.

thanks for the your comments!

unfortunately, i can only guess at the exposures,
the top was probably f 5/6, 1/90
tripod

The bottome was probably f/22, "7
tripod

yes, the images were pshop'ed, but not as much as you might guess. both images I copyed the grass area and added a screen mask to make it stand out more.

I bumped of the saturation on both.

The sunrise was quite sureal that particulary morning. The sun radiated red light on the grass and quarry. The orginal images looked a bit flat, i only pshop'd to extract what was already there.

This morning it was crap, I didn't have any good pictures. i could have tried the same pshop techniques but they would not have got me because the 'red lighting' was missing today.

These are great, von. The first one has such a great saturation of color tones on the grass. Your second one has a really nice composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back