ACR for PS CS2?

Babs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After shooting in RAW for the first time, imagine my disappointment when I discovered yesterday that I can't do anything with them!

I have a copy of Photoshop CS2 and keep getting the message "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". My friend google tells me that this means my camera is producing an unsupported kind of RAW file, but I am finding the Adobe website unfathomable in telling me which file I need to download to enable me to open my RAW files in PS.

Can anyone help? I'm getting confused as to what I need to download to get my RAW files uploaded to Photoshop (or should I be doing something else altogether?!)

Well, you need an Adobe Camera Raw or "ACR" module, a small piece of software, added to the baseline installation of CS2. ACR is what translates the 350D's raw images. CS2 is a few generations back, and I think that the needed ACR software version would be a version 3.2 or 3.4, if my memory serves me correctly. The particular Rebel model you have is not all that new, and so I am pretty confident that CS2 and its higher-level (ie, later versions of) ACR modules will indeed open and work with raw files from your Rebel.

Thanks Derrel. Any ideas what version I need or where I can find out what version I need? I downloaded ACR 3.7 last night as that appeared to be the more up-to-date version for CS2 I could see on the Adobe website; but that doesn't appear to have worked.

Thanks Derrel. Any ideas what version I need or where I can find out what version I need? I downloaded ACR 3.7 last night as that appeared to be the more up-to-date version for CS2 I could see on the Adobe website; but that doesn't appear to have worked.
The version you need for RAW files made by a Canon 350D is right here: Cameras supported by the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in (3.0-3.7) which is ACR 3.0-3.7 which it seems you had already found. The 350d has been supported since 3.0.

There are also instructions in how to update your CS2 further down the page..

There are also instructions in how to update your CS2 further down the page..

Thanks! I hadn't moved the file into the right folder but it's working perfectly now! Cheers :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back