Action HDR, C&C if you want.

Invictus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flaman.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So the biggest thing i need to stress here is that i HAVENT FINISHED THE HDR YET! its just getting late and im on my way to bed, but i thought i'd post it anyways just to see what you guys thought. A friend and i where dirt biking and i suggested that we take some pics. i bracketed in photomatix and eyeballed it. heres what i came up with. I think the colors are perfect. i just have to get rid of the halo, then i'll be done.

CHASEHDRPHOTOFORUK.jpg

so is this a 'fake' HDR? Meaning, was this one shot, then PP into multiple exposures, then merged into an HDR?

eplain how else a person is supposed to get three bracketed exposures of that. please do, i would love to know.

I hope you were not offended, I wasn't criticizing you. I think it's a great pic, and I asked because I haven't figured out how to get a good HDR look, with one image.

...I haven't figured out how to get a good HDR look, with one image.

I don't think you can...isn't that the point? The camera cannot focus clearly both foreground and background as well as the subject - it's impossible with the technology available today.

I hope you were not offended, I wasn't criticizing you. I think it's a great pic, and I asked because I haven't figured out how to get a good HDR look, with one image.

My apology, I'm in a rude, hungover mood.

true, i made three copies of the original photo, and used the vista fix tool in picture previewer to make a dark one and a bright one. this is honestly the first HDR that actually came out half @$$ decent from doing that.

I don't think you can...isn't that the point? The camera cannot focus clearly both foreground and background as well as the subject - it's impossible with the technology available today.

Of course you can't with the camera....but you can using PP...that's what was done here, right?? :confused:

I misunderstood the comment.

As for the original post - I think it looks cool. I'm not exactly a dirt bike fan, but I think it will look great, sans halo. Will you post the finished product?

no matter how many times i flex in front of the mirror, i wouldn't get the colors and shadows i want either. this is just going to end up turning into a pissing match over terminology. EDR, HDR, whatever, the image is what it is.

Most reactions

Back