Actual photo or altered do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
think it's important to address the most important part of my post. - "Photography is a form of speech. If everyone is lying about things, how does that improve our relationships and strengthen our communities? How can you trust what anyone is saying?"
At the risk of going off the thread, I have to agree with Snowbear. All visual, audio, and printed material is ultimately created to serve a purpose, be it enjoyment or commercial. I don't view that as lying when viewed in context of use. I have to wonder if the problem here is an extension of the old "editing vs SOOC debate"?

I think it's important to address the most important part of my post. - "Photography is a form of speech. If everyone is lying about things, how does that improve our relationships and strengthen our communities? How can you trust what anyone is saying?"
(Groucho)Marx spoke to that:

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."

I thought the back and forth banter sounded friendlier than your threat.
It's not a threat, sir, but a reminder. If things get out of hand or personal, a thread gets locked.

I think it's important to address the most important part of my post. - "Photography is a form of speech. If everyone is lying about things, how does that improve our relationships and strengthen our communities? How can you trust what anyone is saying?"
Art and speech are both forms of expression. Maybe photography is held to a different standard by some. How does one trust what is being said or shown? We investigate and make a decision.

I have to wonder if the problem here is an extension of the old "editing vs SOOC debate"?
If that wasn't the original intention, it seems to be heading that way, or at least in part.

My thoughts on the subject have been expressed; I really can't think of anything else to add. I'll quietly go back to observing.

Does it even matter anymore, OP is absent.
And so is the image, url doesn't work for me?

My personal viewpoint is pretty narrow or open, depenging on how someone else sees things.

Editorial photography needs to be truthful. Creative images can be anything, anyone wants them to be.

Photoshop is a tool. If Ansel Adams had a digital camera, he would have used digital editing, just like photographer artists do now. He didn't always use a burro, or a big 8x10 view camera, often that was just for publicity, sometimes he used a station wagon and a 4x5 Graflex.

In today's world, in a similar desire to capture nature, someone on the road, would have a Hybrid FWD SUV with a GPS, Internet and AC. (that's power not air conditioning) They could take images, edit and upload them in minutes from the location.

RIP analog.

OP was a drive-by: one and done. Hasn't returned since creating this post.

Locking this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back