Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
nZifHU9ITR+0NCwHgzJEtQ_thumb_1d03_Fotor-1.jpg

Ad Art Still-Life for Gansett Bay Game Calls

Aye Mates,
I did this ad art still-life for Gansett Bay Game Calls. Wood artist Dan Dragon makes finely crafted hand turned custom duck and goose calls for hunters in an interesting use of resin stabilized hardwood burl.

This image was published in the Master Amateur Retriever Club National Championships Event Program for 2018. An interesting consideration for still-life artists regarding promotion and selling of their work. I made use of water, snow, ice, and stone as a backdrop for the composition, all are common elements found in the conditions in which these game calls are most often used. The metal leg bands on the call lanyard are used by wildlife managers / scientists to track the migrational patters of waterfowl species.

C & C welcomed.

Cheers,
Mike

Sweet composition and shot Mike! one thing drew my eye straight out of the frame though, those burned highlights above the business card.. I know nothing about duck calls but I do know craftsmanship!

Very nice still life Mike, have been trying it myself while our weather is a PITA.

Agree with @D7K - the composition works well, but the exposure doesn't seem quite optimal. That said, it got published, and that's pretty cool!

Sweet composition and shot Mike! one thing drew my eye straight out of the frame though, those burned highlights above the business card.. I know nothing about duck calls but I do know craftsmanship!

Very nice still life Mike, have been trying it myself while our weather is a PITA.

I like this.......

Aye Mates,
Thanks to all for ye comments. I agree on the overexposure totally and had trouble correcting that aspect of the image.

Mike

Most reactions

Back