Add flash to Isolette V cold shoe.

ELKRIVERSCOTT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been awhile, now medium format fan.
On the Isolette is a cold shoe and a flash port as well as a trigger port. There is only a letter B on the speed dial that goes up to 200. I understand timing differences in bulb and electronic settings, allowing best flash for the time lens is open. Apparently my only shot is set it to 1/25. I'm not interested in shooting on B then introducing flash. So... IF It can shoot flash at 1/25, I am supposed to insulate the shoe for electricity/grounding?
Finally, I have shot thousands of bulbs and no electric. If this works do i just buy any old flash and push in the flash trigger wire and add batteries? Plug and play?
Thank you very much for reading.

Ever hear of a camera taking usable pics at 20 feet for fingerprints?

The camera has a leaf shutter and generally leaf shutters will sync to flash at any shutter speed you want to use.
The "B" on your shutter speed dial stands for "Bulb". It has nothing to do with flash sync speed! The name comes from the early days of photography when they had plate cameras with pneumatic shutters operated by pressing a rubber "bulb". At this setting the shutter remains open for as long as you hold down the shutter release button (or keep the bulb pressed).
You will need to get a flash that can be used in manual mode and can be triggered via a PC cable (PC does not stand for personal computer, it is the name the connector used on flash sync cords and sync connectors on cameras). And yes you may have to insulate the bottom of the flash mount on the camera if the flash unit has a hotshoe.
Alternatively you can get a PC to hotshoe adaptor (see below) and use any manual flash that has a hotshoe.
D75_3975.jpg

Cannot thank you enough. The B for bulb was pretty funny. Lots of viewers until you came along. Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back