Adding text to images

KevinR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright, I feel like a friggin idiot. I am trying to add text to an image. I press the text tool. Type out what I want. It shows up on the text layer but I can't get it to show up on the image. Any ideas out there? This is CS2.

Photoshop is a heart attack waiting to happen ;)

So just to clarify, you click the text tool, you type text, you see text, then it disappears? Or does it never appear?

-Dewey

It never appears on the photo, just in the layer box. And checking my blood pressure now.:D

Hmmm...

Silly questions... Is the new text layer visible (the lil eye in the layer palette)

Can you try dragging the text tool to create a text box... do you see it then?

Are you sure it's the type tool? Photoshop has multiple options if you click and hold the text tool... could be a diff tool?

I'm trying to recreate it here but I are confused :confused:

-Dewey

Even just pulling up a new blank page. I press the T icon. I can press letters and they will show up in the T layer but not on the page. I had the settings Text Horz, Script MT Bold, regular, 18 pt, sharp. I tried dragging the layer over and still nothing. I am at a loss.

I have had that problem before with special fonts...try using the all caps...Otherwise, is the layer on top?

Figured it out. It was in the actual tool settings. Selected a different one and got the text to show up. No idea why, but for now I will just believe in divine intervention.:)

Thanks All

Most reactions

New Topics

Back