What's new

Adieu Sweet Amaryllis

Ysarex91 85

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Adieu, adieu
sweet amaryllis.
For since to part your will is.
O heavy tiding
Here is for me no biding.
Yet once again
Ere that I part with you.
Amaryllis, amaryllis,
sweet Adieu.


13883501445_210feb3e76_o.jpg



Don't usually photograph the house plants but one of my wife's amaryllis just bloomed and it is stunning so I grabbed the camera. Amaryllis always makes me think of songs and music -- she was especially popular back in renaissance England; therefore the song lyrics above. It's a tune like to play a lot.

Joe
 
Maybe just lose the little bit of black, lower left?

Yep, that was my first instinct too. I kept going back and forth and finally decided against the crop. I saw it in the viewfinder and planned on the crop when I took it, but then I didn't do it. Here it is; better?

Joe

13893959984_0cfbabb010_o.jpg
 
mho...

it's better, but that black frame is killing the shot for me. I feel like the flower is captivated in that black frame. Give it some room to bread, don't frame it. Everything about this flower says light and fresh f.e. ne room for black here

again... jmho, others may disagree
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom