'Adobe Camera Raw (3.2)' for 350D wont work on CS!

Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:confused:

Hello everyone!
Facts: i own a Canon 350D and photoshop CS. i want to be able to open Raw CR2 files straight in photoshop, using photoshops raw convertor window. I downloaded (from the adobe website) version 3.2 which is not compatible with Cs (only CS 2), then i tried version 2.4 which didnt seem to work with the 350D!:(

what to do ? i know i can use canons raw conversion program, but am used to the photoshop one and would like to continue using it.

is the best thing to update to cs2? will all my problems go away then..lol?!

would love to hear from ppl experiencing similar/same problem... thank you

If you upgrade to CS2, your problems will go away indeed, but why don't you try something like Raw Shooter Essentials, which is free? Or for $99 you could try C1 LE, which is an excellent program.

one thing you could try is check your plugins folder in ps. I had probs opening my NEF Raw FILES in cs2 untill i realised i had not enabled ps to detect NEF files, so it was a simple case of droping the NEF plugin to the file helpers folder.

Hope this helps

archangel- i have been checking my plug in floder as, when i downloaded stuff, i put it in there (like cam raw 3.2 etc) but im not sure how to check whether i have 'enabled' ps to READ the files! where/how do you find out?

my cam (canon 350D) has raw files with the ending of CR2 which isnt the same as your(nef file) raw file im assuming...

digital matt- i tried downloading raw shooter essnetial, but i realised it was only for PC's and i have a mac so i was really bumbed out!:( however maybe its a sign and i should upgrade to cs2....

anyone else have any other suggestions?

oh before i forget i read somewhere that i can change my raw files from CR2 to something else that ps will then recognise, but that just seemed way to complicated on an everyday basis- if you have hundreds of raw to post process...:x (you have to do it everytime you upload images rightl, or am i not understanding it ?)

Is there a version of ACR...somewhere in between 2.4 and 3.2?

I'm sure there must be people opening 350D RAW files with CS.

hmmmmm..... unfortunatley my knowledge is only with Nikon....and i'v checked my work computer (which has cs1) and again in the plugins folder - then in photoshop only - then in file formats - it has the nikon NEF icon but doesn't have a CR2 icon so i wouldn't know what else to suggest on that front.
I think you would find it easier try a seperate Raw converter, or if you have the cash Cs2 might be the answer.
Good luck

hey!
thanx for all the input guys, however i still havnt figured out how to do it... i guess i should just buy cs2 at some point and until then use canons own raw software...:confused: i must say im quite surprised its just not possible to access those files from the 350D in cs, and im surprised noone else is in the same position! lucky, all i can say!:p

big mike- i dont think there is a version between 2.4 and 3.2 as i have checked out the website, but i agree with you, there must be people opening raw with the 350D.:meh:

Umm, raw shooter essentials is 1000x better than Canon's software, and it's free. C1 LE is 1000x better than Raw Shooter Essentials, imho.

all you have to do is get the Camera Raw.8bi from the adobe site and youll be fine..... but i dont remember what version i dled

hi guys:

heres the probelm. tried dpwnloading Adobe Raw shooter off the website, however one version doesnt support the canon 350D and the other version only cs2, and i have cs1! :confused:

i also tried raw shooter essentails however its not supported by macintosh only windows...

what to do now?

use canon's software, which is my opinion is really crappy...!:x

I've been having something of a problem, related to this, and found out in the Adobe forums that you can go the DNG route if you don't want to upgrade to CS2 (wich I don't) you have to go to adobe then downloads and look for the photoshop CS2 updates, and download the DNG converter (wich is a stand alone application) and convert your raw to dng and then open them in photoshop to edit (this last part is still unkown to me cause I can't seem to find my raw files in my Rebel XT)

UPDATE: after installing all my camera software I've been able to download the RAW files, after that you run the DNG converter and viola photoshop recognizes it and you can work from there on...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back