Adobe Camera Raw questions

kkamin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinkaminphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just learned ACR and I have some questions for some of the seasoned users.

1. When using the "Details" tools to sharpen and remove noise, does the view need to be at 100% all the time to view the preview. The program is telling me that I need to be, but I don't feel like it was always that way (I'm new to the program so I'm not sure)--perhaps I tripped a switch somewhere. Because right now it is not giving me a preview at a zoom level of less than 100% and it becomes hard to tell what I am doing.

2. On images that are underexposed and lacking information from the quarter tone to the highlights, do you use the 'exposure' slider to pull information up there or do you go into the curves and slide in the highlight slider to meet the start of the histogram? Is there a difference in those techniques?

Thanks, everyone!

Kevin

1. I have found that 100% is always best for editing. Then when you resize it looks better

2. I use curves

1. ACR and Lightroom seem to render a preview image if you don't zoom in on your image. Things like sharpening and noise reduction tend to make a difference only when you zoom in.

2. Yeah the difference is personal preference. You have to remember ultimately there is 1 curve. Just a million different tools for pushing and pulling that curve in various places. Just like increasing contrast is very similar to bumping up the 75% point and dropping the 25% point on a curve, you can reach for the curves tool, or the contrast slider.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back