Adobe Camera Raw Vs. Lightroom

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used ACR for the first time today. I always had it, but never used it because I import to lightroom, then do further editing in PS.

Well ACR for me was easier to use and more streamlined...plus I think it has all of LR features. Why use LR when ACR can do the same, or am I missing something?

Lightroom is a cataloging and organizational software with the same RAW editing capability. ;)

Then you are not using LR to its fullest. There is so much more that LR can do to when editing to improve workflow. You for some reason have it completely backwards! Lol someone will give more info. I am on my phone or I would.

Lightroom is a database program with a RAW file converter. Photoshop is an image editing program with the same RAW file converter.

Joe

You spent $200 on a program and never bothered to learn how to use it properly? Why does this not surprise me. Personally, if I spent that much on software, I'd want to know how the hell to use it.

This link will give you all the information you need on what LR does that ACR doesn't.

Lightroom uses Adobe Camera RAW as its RAW processing stage - however it also incorporates a few light editing options ontop of that. In addition all of the lightroom editing (including its light editing) is, like RAW processing, non-destrutive editing - all the changes are saved to a file not overwritten to the original RAw photo.

Lightroom however goes one stage further than just RAW processing in also being a cataolguing program used to allow a photographer to more easily manage and sort their photography when using higher volumes of work.

Thus Lightroom is able to provide a lot of what a photographer needs from the Adobe package - however of course it also allows you to open into supporting software (like Elements or full photoshop) to allow for more fine and advanced editing over the photos.

You spent $200 on a program and never bothered to learn how to use it properly? Why does this not surprise me. Personally, if I spent that much on software, I'd want to know how the hell to use it.

This link will give you all the information you need on what LR does that ACR doesn't.

I'd REALLY hate to be married to you. I feel sorry for the person you are with... if you are even married or with someone. lol Really seriously lighten up!

SabrinaO said:
I'd REALLY hate to be married to you. I feel sorry for the person you are with... if you are even married or with someone. lol Really seriously lighten up!

Happily married to a wonderful woman who doesn't do anything without being prepared first. :)

In the mean time, keep on attacking people, and not their arguments. Keep on ignoring the good advice, and only listening to your cheerleaders. And keep on insisting that you know what the hell you're doing, while at the very same time, asking an entire Internet BEGINNERS forum basic questions on basic photographic techniques, software, equipment, etc, and charging your clients to be your learning tools.

Have a nice day, Crazy Beautiful :lol: Photography!

Raian-san said:

Nah, I'm done. Shes not fun anymore. Anyone who actually knows what the hell they're doing knows she doesn't know what the hell shes doing. I feel bad, mainly for her clients who hired a professional, but instead got a MWAC with sone studio lights instead.

:biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love the ability to post a condescending comment , and the turn around and play the victim when the offending party responds.

I don't know why I don't spend more time on this forum posting questions or soliciting advice....

Let's be honest, wouldn't look forward to being ripped publicly for asking a question on a forum that is designed to share knowledge among fellow photographers?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Gotta love the ability to post a condescending comment , and the turn around and play the victim when the offending party responds.

I don't know why I don't spend more time on this forum posting questions or soliciting advice....

Let's be honest, wouldn't look forward to being ripped publicly for asking a question on a forum that is designed to share knowledge among fellow photographers?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

This board has little patience left my friend...but it's still fun :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back