Adobe Camera Raw Vs. Lightroom

Let's be honest, wouldn't look forward to being ripped publicly for asking a question on a forum that is designed to share knowledge among fellow photographers?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Let's be honest. The forum is designed to generate income, mainly from advertising, for the web site owners.

The vast majority of forum visitors are not forum members, and those non-members are who most of the advertising is directed at.

Forum members provide free web site content, though some members (designated - Supporting Members) actually pay the web site owners to provide free content. I did that once too, but only once.

Controversy and drama queens, both male and female, generate more views and more advertising clicks.

@OP:

I'd never want Lightroom to edit, my workflow has no need for it. In fact it would bog down my system significantly, when I would much rather a lighter and more efficient RAW editor like ACR. Instead I use Adobe Bridge for all my file management and ACR for my photo editing.

My reasons:
-I use Bridge for multiple types of media and files, not just photos. With Bridge I can launch Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, or Photoshop.
-ACR is a very down and dirty editor, no glitz, no glamor.
-ACR is very lightweight (this may just be my speculation, but the program just appears to not be all that processor intensive).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Lightroom is nothing special. There are other programs that do just what it does, and using a simpler Editor like ACR does have the added advantage of a more basic interface enabling you to just get what you need done and fast. There is nothing wrong with Lightroom for the photographers, however it is a program that can not expand outside the realm of photography and is not meant to. In my eyes, Lightroom just has too much going on.

You spent $200 on a program and never bothered to learn how to use it properly? Why does this not surprise me. Personally, if I spent that much on software, I'd want to know how the hell to use it.This link will give you all the information you need on what LR does that ACR doesn't.
I'd REALLY hate to be married to you. I feel sorry for the person you are with... if you are even married or with someone. lol Really seriously lighten up!
Is this the point that the thread turns?

SabrinaO said:
I'd REALLY hate to be married to you. I feel sorry for the person you are with... if you are even married or with someone. lol Really seriously lighten up!

Happily married to a wonderful woman who doesn't do anything without being prepared first. :)

In the mean time, keep on attacking people, and not their arguments. Keep on ignoring the good advice, and only listening to your cheerleaders. And keep on insisting that you know what the hell you're doing, while at the very same time, asking an entire Internet BEGINNERS forum basic questions on basic photographic techniques, software, equipment, etc, and charging your clients to be your learning tools.

Have a nice day, Crazy Beautiful :lol: Photography!

I know what im doing thanks! :) Keep keep moaning, nagging and being butthurt about something/someone that shouldn't phase you but for some odd reason it does. Why do you care if I don't know what im doing? Please.. just get a life. Oh wait... maybe you are almost done reading the "How To Get a Life - For Dummies" book...then you'll finally be prepared and 100% ready to get one...;)

Raian-san said:

Nah, I'm done. Shes not fun anymore. Anyone who actually knows what the hell they're doing knows she doesn't know what the hell shes doing. I feel bad, mainly for her clients who hired a professional, but instead got a MWAC with sone studio lights instead.

LOVE THIS!
Thanks for the idea for my siggy :lol:

SabrinaO said:

Happily married to a wonderful woman who doesn't do anything without being prepared first. :)

In the mean time, keep on attacking people, and not their arguments. Keep on ignoring the good advice, and only listening to your cheerleaders. And keep on insisting that you know what the hell you're doing, while at the very same time, asking an entire Internet BEGINNERS forum basic questions on basic photographic techniques, software, equipment, etc, and charging your clients to be your learning tools.

Have a nice day, Crazy Beautiful :lol: Photography!

I know what im doing thanks! :) Keep keep moaning, nagging and being butthurt about something/someone that shouldn't phase you but for some odd reason it does. Why do you care if I don't know what im doing? Please.. just get a life. Oh wait... maybe you are almost done reading the "How To Get a Life - For Dummies" book...then you'll finally be prepared and 100% ready to get one...;)

If you know what you're doing then...why do you come on here and keep asking questions?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back