Adobe creative cloud and LR / PS question

rjm522

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have LR3 and am thinking about upgrading to LR5. When I went to the Adobe site just now, they are listing PS and LR5 as a CC subscription for $10 per month when you prepay for the year. I think that is a 50% discount. I don't know much about PS other than it is the gold standard of editing software, so it might be nice to have access to it. My questions come from being able to "own" my pictures when the subscription ends and if I can access the program from more than one computer.

As to the first concern - when my subscription ends is there a way for me to download all pics taken and stored in the CC cloud to my computer? The ad states that 20GB of storage is included in the subscription. Do I have to store my pics on their server or can I use Dropbox or my own computer? 20GB could go fast depending on how many pics I import and keep.

The second concern is the ability to get to the pics from different computers. I save my photos on Dropbox and access them from either a windows laptop or a Mac desktop. When I bought LR3 I was able to download the software on to two computers....is the CC the same?

I guess what it boils down to is I am looking for feedback from all of you on your experiences with the creative cloud service. I looked into buying PS a loooong time ago and it was $500; that is why I went with LR3. If I take advantage of the Adobe offer, I am getting both programs for $5 each per month.....what is the catch?? If there is an upgrade to LR6, for example, will that upgraded version be part of the subscription?

The type of photos I am taking are mainly personal sports photos for the next 2 months during the lacrosse season (I am a parent volunteer) and then regular family, vacation, etc pictures. The whole stock photo concept intrigues me so I may try my hand at that to see if I can generate any money. I am sure it is uber competitive and extremely difficult to make any money for a professional so I would likely have a snowballs chance of making a penny but I need a hobby and stock photography seems like a good one to keep my mind occupied and not thinking about work so much.

You don't pre-pay for the year, but agree to subscribe for a year and pay monthly.
You still own your photos and should store them on your own computer.
You should consider any cloud storage as temporary and only upload copies of your originals to the cloud storage.
The EULA lets you use both LR and CC on 2 computers. (EULA - End User License Agreement)

There is no catch.

Before CS was $699 full retail and the Extended version of CS was $999.
CC includes all of the CS Extended features, tools, and functions.

Last edited:
Do you use CC? Is it worth the fee?

I bought CC and Lightroom 5 subscription at the $9.99 per month price. It's worth it. I spend 5x that a month on coffee and I literally p*** that away. To me, ten bucks a month is worth the price.

Do you use CC? Is it worth the fee?

I bought CC and Lightroom 5 subscription at the $9.99 per month price. It's worth it. I spend 5x that a month on coffee and I literally p*** that away. To me, ten bucks a month is worth the price.

You don't pre-pay for the year, but agree to subscribe for a year and pay monthly.
You still own your photos and should store them on your own computer.
You should consider any cloud storage as temporary and only upload copies of your originals to the cloud storage.
The EULA lets you use both LR and CC on 2 computers. (EULA - End User License Agreement)

There is no catch.

Before CS was $699 full retail and the Extended version of CS was $999.
CC includes all of the CS Extended features, tools, and functions.

Okay....that seems to settle it...I'll follow up when I get home today and take the $10 per month deal. Thanks for your input.

For the record you can download and install CC on as many computers as you wish, but only two can be activated at once. For example I have CC on two Macs and two PCs, but I can only have it activated on any two at once. It's very easy to switch the licenses around.

Most reactions

Back