I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some of you might have been aware that Adobe, with their new version of Photoshop (CS6), was planing to limit the upgrade discount, only to users of CS5. So if you had CS3 or CS4, you would have to buy a full price CS6 (or buy the upgrade to CS5, then the upgrade to CS6).

This obviously angered many people because Adobe has always (long time anyway) given us the option of upgrade from at least three previous versions.

So they have listened to the complaints. One of note was Scott Kelby's 'Open letter to Adobe'. They are allowing direct upgrade to CS6 from CS3, 4 or 5...at least until the end of 2012.

Adobe CS6 Upgrade Policy Changes Postponed! CS3 & CS4 on Track | ProDesignTools

Thank goodness Scott Kelby had the balls to expose Adobe's planned customer exploitation move...without Kelby's influence, this subtle, camouflaged, buy-it-twice, sock-your-customers-with-a-double-upgrade rape might have gone down the way Adobe initially schemed!

An Open Letter To Adobe Systems « Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider Blog » Photoshop & Digital Photography Techniques, Tutorials, Books, Reviews & More

A Luminous Landscape Photo Industry Fail of The Year Award was bestowed upon Adobe in the "Customer Alienating Move of The Year" over this attempted double-upgrade scheme Adobe had planned and announced that they were going to pull.
2011-lulas

Good to know! To Scott Kelby, Thank you for using your powers for good instead of evil.

Thank goodness Scott Kelby had the balls to expose Adobe's planned customer exploitation move...without Kelby's influence, this subtle, camouflaged, buy-it-twice, sock-your-customers-with-a-double-upgrade rape might have gone down the way Adobe initially schemed!

Isn't 'double upgrade rape' touted as one of the premier types of rape on the market?

I NAAP'd up recently...hopefully you got some credit for it. I'm not sure yet about it though...its early.

I saved several times the yearly membeship fee just in free regular shipping from B&H over a year's time.

Though you pay yearly, $99 is only $8.25 a month.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back