New Adobe upgrade pricing policy

Yep. And that is why I don't think that this has to do with piracy.

But at the same time, I don't think corporations are out to save you money either. They aren't thinking up ways to provide you the cheapest possible product. They are looking at the most you're willing to pay, considering the competition. Piracy should be seen as an indicator.

And I do think that PSE is overpriced as well.

thereyougo! - are you quite sure that the tax is 20%? I know that whilst the VAT is 20%, there are also many specific exceptions to that rule which operate under lower or higher tax bands based on the product type.
I'm VAT registered through my main occupation. There is only ONE VAT rate and that is 20%.
I was sure that there were variations on the VAT amount based on the product type; I'm aware that there are some exceptions from VAT (like books) but I recall reading of there being lower boundaries on some goods; ie having their own VAT rate. This was around the time that adding books and food to VAT was being suggested so maybe those ideas of lower levels of VAT were only valid in those contexts, but I was sure there were others already in existence.EDIT: HM Revenue & Customs: Rates of VAT on different goods and servicesvaried VAT amounts and more details :) Though no mention of higher rates so unless Adobe was adding some import costs or something they shouldn't be charging VAT at 22%.
It's only the download version where the VAT percentage is incorrect. They can't use VAT to cover anything other than VAT.

Yep. And that is why I don't think that this has to do with piracy.

But at the same time, I don't think corporations are out to save you money either. They aren't thinking up ways to provide you the cheapest possible product. They are looking at the most you're willing to pay, considering the competition. Piracy should be seen as an indicator.

And I do think that PSE is overpriced as well.

If you owned a software company, what would you do? Give it away? ;)

Most reactions

Back