Adobe Photoshop CS5 $39 with student discount

Sounds like CS6 is pretty imminent!

My student's mom just bought it for her! It works!!! She'd have NEVER gotten CS5 any other way! She's saving money for Elements 10 and got this instead!!!

Thanks! that's awesome

I should delete my message out of protest...I so deserve more than 1 like for sharing this info. :biggrin:

And who says cruising lifehacker at work isn't productive? ;)

I should delete my message out of protest...I so deserve more than 1 like for sharing this info. :biggrin:

And who says cruising lifehacker at work isn't productive? ;)
I would give you a cookie :)
Thanks a lot...it's a great tip.

Doesn't work anymore to my knowledge. I just went and checked to see that Adobe now has it so they don't offer an educational price on Photoshop CS5. You can still pick up the entire suite for $60 though after the coupon, which is pretty awesome!

They have only ever offered a Student Edition of the Extended version, which is still being offered on Adobe's web site at an 80% discount - Photoshop Extended software for 3D graphic design.

I tried the 80% off discount code posted on the linked to web site at amazon.com - and it wasn't valid

Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5 Student and Teacher Edition

The discount code didn't work in Adobe.com's education Store either.

NAPP members (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) get 15% of Adobe software prices, including upgrade pricing and student/teacher edition pricing. Just one of the many, many hardware, software, and many other perks NAPP members enjoy.

At my referrral link - Learn Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Digital Photography | NAPP - click on the Benefits tab to see all the NAPP member Photoshop training, forums, magazine, support, you get when you join NAPP. (You can get a free issue of Photoshop user magazine too.)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So I just made the purchase of the student/teacher version of Photoshop using the code and getting it for $39.95 the catch is that upon check out you need to identify yourself as a student or teacher and the purchase is pending the "verification of my eligibility" ;)....so as I fall into neither category we'll see what happens next.

I just received an email stating "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for ordering from the Adobe Education Store North America. Note: In order for Adobe to fulfill your order, academic verification is required. Your credit card will not be charged until your academic eligibility is approved."

I will post again on the outcome
[/FONT]

Ms.Nash said:
So I just made the purchase of the student/teacher version of Photoshop using the code and getting it for $39.95 the catch is that upon check out you need to identify yourself as a student or teacher and the purchase is pending the "verification of my eligibility" ;)....so as I fall into neither category we'll see what happens next.

I just received an email stating "Thank you for ordering from the Adobe Education Store North America. Note: In order for Adobe to fulfill your order, academic verification is required. Your credit card will not be charged until your academic eligibility is approved."

I will post again on the outcome

If you aren't a student nor a teacher - more than likely your eligibility won't be approved. Don't you have to send in your transcript or class ID to Adobe?

I have the student edition but I bought my copy through my school so my verification was done automatically but I'm pretty sure you have to send something to Adobe to verify your eligibility, normally.

is there any differences on the student / teacher one than regular retail other than price? i know i had auto cad student version and it expired after 18 months. had to get it twice while in school.

user3977 said:
is there any differences on the student / teacher one than regular retail other than price? i know i had auto cad student version and it expired after 18 months. had to get it twice while in school.

No difference. It doesn't expire.....you can only install it on one computer though.

Most reactions

Back