Adobe Subscription rates!!!

. However, I will say that the moment somebody comes out with an open source version of ACR, I will ditch Adobe in a second.

Don't hold your breath on that one. With billions at stake the battle would be huge.

I'm surprised at your dislike for Silkypix. Until a few years ago that was what was packaged with Pentax. I always found it fairly easy to use and okay for what I used it for. Pentax now supplies their own DCU5 which is a PITA. The only time I use it is with Pixel Shift images.

I agree about cloning Camera Raw. I guess I'm not talking about the engine itself, but the way the interface looks and works.

Silkypix is just not intuitive to me after using ACR. I really don't like everything being in a collapsible tab. Open/expand tab>move sliders>close/collapse tab, repeat. I want all the related sliders under one tab like the basic tab in ACR, not spread out individually. I like the ACR menu structure so much better. I liked darktable but I don't like how it automatically applies settings to every image and you have to go turn them off to start from zero. If I could have darktable set up to open without these auto "fixes" and the menus to look like ACR, I would absolutely switch.

I guess this is well off-topic now... Sorry to OP.

A lot of the photo sites have been pushing affinity photo. It supports raw and only costs around $40 for the full version.. one time cost. I haven't used it personally, I pay for the adobe suite since I use it professionally for graphic design. I pretty much feel like I get my money's worth out of it.. but having watched a lot of review videos and read up on it, Affinity looks like it could be a good option.

Affinity Photo - Professional image editing software for desktop and iPad

Most reactions

New Topics

Back