Adorable Baby Z :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to share these pictures I took of my friend's baby :)

PLEASE IGNORE THE WATERMARK FOR CC PURPOSES :)

So, now that that's all over :) Here are the pictures :)

4698578304_5dc0e45dbc.jpg

4697943039_15ede193f0.jpg

4697942559_ee23f3937e.jpg

4697942007_77046e0af5.jpg

4697817111_21499cc061.jpg

The last one is the better one of the bunch. The bottom of his overalls are slightly blown but not by much. I really like the clarity of his eyes and the background isn't distracting like the rest of them. Well, your watermark shields some but you want to remember to keep backgrounds to a minimum because sometimes it competes with the subject. I also think the composition is more pleasing to the eye than the others, and the exposure is better too. His skin seems blown out in the others, on my monitor, that is.

I agree w previous poster. The last pic is the best. The angle shows mostly the wood that he is layng on and not the door/walls behind him. The others are cute but the background is too busy. I would try and find very simple backgrounds. For these pics maybe u can ps the background to white and see if that helps.

The exposure seems a bit high in most of them. I don't mind slightly higher exposure if thats what you want, but I find this a bit much. Granted, I'm on a work monitor, so who knows what they look like on a calibrated monitor.

Totally agree about background being distracting in all the images, except the last. They are all pretty static images, same pose, kid mostly in the center. Did you do anything different?

And while you said not to comment, your watermark is really distracting. I normally don't mind them, but I kept thinking that you cut parts of the hands and head and such off, but it was your watermark.

I actually boosted the exposure in LR on most of them because I thought it kinda worked for him to give him that soft baby look... Meh, guess not :) lol

This was an "impromptu" session done at a picnic, so I didn't have a whole lot of control over the background. I kinda had to work with what I had...

So, these are processed, and probably "over processed" for some people's tastes. I probably didn't need to boost exposure in any of them, but was just kinda playing around :) When it's a client's pictures, I will do things "properly" and only be "creative" at their request ;) lol

For these pics maybe u can ps the background to white and see if that helps.

That is something I still have to learn how to do :)

My only fear with it is that when I do it, it is going to eliminate the shadows and stuff and make it look flat and obviously fake...

I'll get there :) LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back