advance print menu gone in ps

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by denada, Mar 14, 2019 at 6:39 PM.

1. denada

denada No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hi. it used to be that if i clicked printer settings i would get more options. now it looks like this ...

[​IMG]

anyone know what happened to all the options like color mode and output resolution?

thanks!

2. Tim Tucker 2

Tim Tucker 2 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Under *Printer* are you sure you've installed and selected the EPSON printer driver and not the default Apple one?

3. denada

denada No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks.

i installed stuff from epson's website and now i get the full menu when i pick "sc-p600 2," which did not previously exist. it get rid of adobe rgb (1998) as one of my profile options. that had been the one i was using. i picked the paper type instead from the menu above the line and i don't think i can tell much of a difference.

should everything be 360 or 720 dpi with this printer? if you can't quite get 720 should you go from 650 dpi to 360?

thanks

4. Tim Tucker 2

Tim Tucker 2 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

To be honest, especially with the resolution of modern printers, I really don't think it matters. I don't see any issue with any of my prints from a SC-P800 and I always specify the size I want in mm not dpi.