Advertisement for accessory designer C&C please

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This guy hired me to do a shoot to show off his accessories. Let me know what you guys think. As always comments/critiques always welcome!

flash1.jpg

flash2.jpg

The first would be better if we couldn't see his nipple. The 2nd photo doesn't do anything for me, it seems very dark and not as focused as it should be. The 2nd doesn't show off the accessories in my opinion, while the first does.

The first one: the shadow on the wall is ehh. I agree with the other person, the nipple is kinda weird. Also, the catch lights in it are in a bad place. Catchlights should never cover the entire pupil.

The second one is better but, as said before, it doesn't really show off his accessories.

I see u got some more new gear there shortpballer what happend to all your canon gear?

I like the second, depends on what he is trying to sell to be honest! Looks more like a perfume shot.

I'm alittle weirded out by your half naked avatar whilst taking a photo!

You have come a long way since the first shots of yours I have seen but you still have quite a bit to learn. Nothing wrong with that, btw, that is just the way it is but the important thing is that you are making progress.

I can't help but respond to your thread because I have my first assistant interview tomorrow and I feel you need to go and assist a good photographer if you are seriously considering photo as a career. It is one of the best ways to learn this business but don't PM me, you're on the wrong continent ;)

I am serious though. I became an assistant when I had 12 years of photo work behind me because I was changing fields and I knew jacksh*t about commercial work. I learned an awful lot.

That said, I imagine the accessories are the chains but I am not sure at all. This is a case of possibly too many accessories that are not your client's. Is the cap an accessory? Is the studded belt an accessory? What about the feathered hat, the frame, the mask, the champagne?

If you shoot accessories make sure they are the point of visual focus in your images. That means that everything else in the images should be fairly blah so as not take away from the subject of the image.

Photo #2 is my favorite of the two but the two things I like best in that image are the frame and the hat. The lighting is also pretty poor. Lots of detail loss in the shadows and there is a huge difference in the amount of light between the right and left of the wall.

I also think that when you use alcohol as an accessory, there should be some in the glass and the bottle should therefore be opened. A nicer glass would also help. Champagne is a luxury drink which should not be cheapened by a cheap looking glass. Especially with all the fancy stuff you have around.

I also don't quite get what he is sitting on as I'm seeing bricks where I should see the chair's back...

My reaction is that this guy who is trying to sell me chains is too cheap (not making enough) to actually open that bottle and he can't afford a chair so he uses a bench. :grumpy:

The first one just doesn't do anything for me. There is something weird with his body including the seen nipple which keeps me from looking at the jewelry. Also, his head is kind of tilted the feminine way, the post on the left should be plumb, and the button (?) on the right should be taken out if it is not an accessory.

Hope that helps.

The first would be better if we couldn't see his nipple. The 2nd photo doesn't do anything for me, it seems very dark and not as focused as it should be. The 2nd doesn't show off the accessories in my opinion, while the first does.

ya, this first photo is a little creepy, maybe soften his face a bit too. either that or photoshop a sick scar like he was in a knife fight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back