Advertising for wedding photography

taylo168

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For all of you that shoot weddings professionally, how do you advertise? Does anyone try to get wedding magazines to publish their pictures for exposure? Can you even really do that?

I just started working as an assisant for a wedding photographer. She hasn't really done advertsing and I'd like to wow her with my (emm..your, but i'm going to take credit :) for them) Suggestions.

I always go to the bridal show that they have at our state fairgrounds. They have booths that you can rent for a little bit of cash but you get to sit in the middle of all the regular planners for weddings and meet people who do the same thing. I'm sure they have the bridal shows up in IL also. Just look in the community section of your paper.

I'm no marketing expert but I'd think that most wedding photogs are found through the yellow pages and more & more often, the internet.

If she doesn't have a web site...look into that.

-Website
-Local directory listings
-PPA
-WPJA
-Pamphlets, business cards : You could probably drop 'em at catering halls/hotels, tux places, friends, families etc. Don't just drop it there. You guys could probably do mutual businesses or whatever.
-Notice, brochures at the local library

Thats all I can think of at the moment!

We have about 6 phone books where I live, and I can't afford to advertise in them all, so I've been putting it off. In the mean time my website and word of mouth from happy clients is bringing me a lot of business. I also send my business cards off with anyone who has a table at local bridal fairs.

Our marketing strategy thus far has been:

-Brochures in related areas, i.e. bridal shops
-Yellow pages ad
-Brochures in local stores around town
-Website
-NHPPA organization
-Satisfied customers (this brings in the largest amount of business).

Most reactions

Back