Advice for a good lens

Sharfy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its me again ;)

I would like to ask for a good lens that I can use during event shoots that is more cheaper but good one. Advices given to me are 24-70 and 70-200, any other advice for me? I am mostly engage with fashion shows, launching parties and sports events.

below is a sample i have using my kit lens 18-105 and i feel that its now enough and working because i am not that satisfied yet.

SuperSharfy

you need 'fast' and 'good' - and maybe long
nothing cheap in those ranges.
70-200 F2.8 is great for events.

Maybe get yourself some cheaper primes like the 28f1.8,50f1.4 or 85f1.8.

Maybe get yourself some cheaper primes like the 28f1.8,50f1.4 or 85f1.8.

I have my 85 1.8 but haven't tried it at the events i am going with. I am afraid i will be having difficulties since its a fixed lens and the shooter will be the one to adjust. but thanks for this idea i may try it though ^^

you need 'fast' and 'good' - and maybe long
nothing cheap in those ranges.
70-200 F2.8 is great for events.

hahaha yeah no cheap for the lens i am dreaming of, Oh i should start saving for 70-200 :(

Its me again ;)

I would like to ask for a good lens that I can use during event shoots that is more cheaper but good one. Advices given to me are 24-70 and 70-200, any other advice for me? I am mostly engage with fashion shows, launching parties and sports events.

below is a sample i have using my kit lens 18-105 and i feel that its now enough and working because i am not that satisfied yet.

SuperSharfy

What exactly are you not satisfied with in the image you posted. Sometimes our dissatisfaction with an image is not an equipment issue. If you could be more specific about your view of the image's shortcoming then maybe the forum members could be more precise in their response.

So you shot with a d7000 at f6.3 iso 400 1/125. Reasonable enough. Larger aperture would have isolated the first girl more, smaller would have rendered the other girls more in focus. The image seems to have a greenish tint, that's a wb issue. The point of view is a bit predictable and not very inspiring. That is a photographer issue. The dress, which is the whole point of a fashion show, is cropped. That is a photographer issue.

What focal range are you looking for?
What is your budget?

Without knowing these things I can only suggest direct replacements for your kit lens. Since you can't afford the nikon 24-70mm f2.8, you might consider the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 or the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8.

You may also want to consider a 80-200mm f2.8 af-d (dual ring around $700 used), along with a 35mm f1.8 prime lens for the wider/group shots.

hi i,v used a canon 24-70 l lense its perfect. but its very expensive , what i use now (and it is also perfect) is a sigma 24-70 ex,dg lens its half the price and the same results .
hope this helps

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
24-70 f2.8 would be my suggestion for you or a 17-55 f2.8...

the 70-200 f2.8 or the 80-200 f2.8 will take away the wide side and will leave you hanging if you're too close. Even a 50mm prime might be a little tight to use.

Thanks guys for the comments and reply ^^, will do some research on the suggested lens. All of it will be a great help for me to decide =)

Hi,

[FONT=verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]17 to 35mm 35 to 70mm and 80 to 200mm zooms. It may be used.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back