Advice for new camera!!!!! need help!!

Camaro_87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
alright i'm not new to photography but i also not an expert or pro.... i'm looking into buying a new digital camera.. i the last couple years i owned a nikon coolpix s570 and then went to a canon rebel t2i the coolpix was alright for outdoors but indoors and low light was awfull and pictures were garbage. the canon.... best camera i have ever owned but i little to high tech for me and was to big for what i used it for so i sold it.

im looking for a plain digital camera thats easy to carry around and take good pictures withough alot of "noise" can anybody recommend anything? alot of the cameras i was looking at ie: sony cyber-shot wx7, canon power shot, nikon coolpix just don't seem to do it for me... i got the cyber-shot wx7 at the moment and i'm not happy with the pictures.. alot of noise in them kind blurry in low light.

it would be awesome if they have a camera that take pictures as good as the rebel but in a digital camera form. but there is probrably nothign like that lol.

im also on a budget so i can't spend a fortune.

Maybe look at a Micro 4/3 format camera? I'm not an expert in them, but from what I've seen the performance is very nice, and they're also quite small and portable. The one that I was looking into that particularly impressed me was the Olympus E-P3, but it's quite expensive, not sure how much "a fortune" is for you. Micro 4/3 are cool because you can use the dedicated lenses, or also mount old manual rangefinder lenses. You can get really nice old lenses pretty cheap on ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-HX9V-Digital-Panorama/dp/B004HYFX0C

I
think that camera is perfect for what you're looking for(under 400). I haven't read all of the reviews but most of them are quite good.

i was looking at that one and ready to buy it but after i read a reveiw on it and looked at some sample photos taken with that camera i kinda changed my mind.... some people love it some hate it... all the pictures taken with that camera have a smeared water color look to them

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, that Sony doesn't much impress me. In that class of camera I'd be looking at the Canon S95 probably.

In general, larger the digital sensor, better the noise handling. Those mirrorless cameras such as the Pansonic G series, Sony Nex series, Olympus Pen use a larger sensor. But of course, it could be too big for you as well if you choose a larger zoom lens.

Size of the camera is a personal preference. Maybe go to a store and check them out in person.

Go to your local best buy or photo store. This way you can hold, play with and get a good feel for the cameras. It makes things a lot easier bc while people can recommend things, they may not be exactly what is right for you. Also, you mentioned that one of your previous cameras was too high tech for you. Going to your local store will also allow you to play with the menus. For example, I am also camera shopping and was dead set on the Nikon d5100, until i went to my local best buy and held it and realized that it was a lot heavier than what I wanted. After playing with the Nikon d3100, I have decided it is the best one for me. It is a great entry level camera, not too advanced and not very heavy either. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back