Advice needed

mandypants

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 10 month old daughter has given me the urge to spring for a new camera. I usually use my ol' digital nikon purple teenage looking camera but I have recently fallen in LOVE with lomo! I decided not to go with my previous pick (the Diana F+) and get a more up to date overall less expensive and hassel-free camera. I have a little over $300 to spend on a camera and I was eying the Nikon coolpix 26x zoom
I also want to invest in photoshop
I am a complete newb and have only tweeked my pictures with photobucket tools :blushing:
any advice is good advice
and all advice will be appreciated

There are so many point & shoots with similar feature-sets that it's difficult to recommend one over the other. Your best bet will be to head a real camera store (NOT a big-box store that also sells cameras) and give them your must-have requirements as well as your nice-to-have requirements and your budget and go from there. As far as Photoshop, I'm not sure you mean the actual Adobe Photoshop or are just using it as a generic term.

For post-processing software I would suggest either PaintShop Pro or Adobe Photoshop Elements. Both will do all that you're likely to require for some time, and come in around the $100 mark (as opposed to $750+ for full-blown Photoshop).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back