Advice on Canon Lenses

i.collide161

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I've recently been trying ot purchase a new lens and i was looking for some feedback on the following...good or bad

Canon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM Autofocus Lens

Has anyone used this lens and have no problems or so?

Welcome to the forum.

From what I know if it, that is a 'mid level' lens. It's better than something like a Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 but it's nowhere near as good as something like the 24-70 F2.8 L or the 24-105 F4 L IS.

If I were you I'd wait a little longer and save for an "L" lens.

I started with a kit lens, upgraded to a mid level lens, but was not as satisfied. Then I bought a top Tamron lens -> still not satisfied. After a while I bought an "L" lens, and I was sold......It's better to wait a few more months and then invest in that beautiful piece of glass called "L"-glass.

I'll go the other way, as I am surprised by the responses here.

I came across this lens for incredibly cheap awhile back, and did some research. For the price (180 used) it is an EXCEPTIONAL lens. AMAZING.

Compare it to an L lens and you have a different story.

What's your budget? Since this is such an inexpensive lens, I see no sense to "wait and get an L lens" since you're looking at a $180 lens now, and an L lens will cost you 5 times that.

Buy it used for $180, and you can get about $180 back out of it (a lot of people like this lens). Do a google search of it, and read the reviews. The reviews compare it to some $400 lenses, and you'd be surprised on the results.

Big Mike's right, it's a "mid-level" lens. If you want a high-level lens, then you should save like phakimata said. However, if your budget is around $200, you'll be more than thrilled with this lens.

Phakimata, you oughtta be more specific with replies.. which "mid level" lens did you get, and which "tamron" did you get? Just because your 'mid-level' experience sucked, and you have the funds to get an L series, doesn't mean that all mid-level lenses do.

I did a lot of research on that lens before I purchased my 28-135 IS USM. From what I read the image quality is good for the price. Its one of Canon's best "range for the buck" lenses.

If I was buying that range for digital (I bought my 28-135 for a film camera) I would definitely reconsider. I like something wider like the 17-55 f/2.8 :D But thats just me.

But its a good lens for the money for sure sorry to second guess you. :D

Most reactions

Back