Advice on removing shadows needed

straight8ses

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a shoot this week but was unable to get rid of shadows and needed to use lighting.

Can someone please tell me how to rid harsh light shadows from these images, I would be very grateful.

$a213dfr.jpg$as525.jpg$asjygyj.jpg

Move subject away from background.

Any way of removing these shadows with photoshop?

Scott Kelby could do it.

Unless there is some reason you can't re-shoot, I'd say re-shoot.

Quick and dirty:

Select the subject and cut to a new layer. Fill the selected area of the background back in using the heal tool, or patch tool, or content aware. Your choice. Select the shadow now. Fill the selected area using the heal/clone/patch/content aware, whatever. Use a tone curve to introduce a bit of a shadow so the subject doesn't look "pasted" in.

Beyond that just take this shoot as a lesson. Get the subject farther from the background next time, or use additional lights to fill the background.

Removing the shadows will ruin the pictures.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I agree--she'd look strange, and the lighting wouldn't make sense. I'd just reshoot, and move her further away from the background the next time.

Jake

Any/all of the following:
1) Bigger light source (modifiers)
2) Closer light source
3) Further background
4) Angle that casts the shadow outside of the frame instead of in it

I agree--she'd look strange, and the lighting wouldn't make sense. I'd just reshoot, and move her further away from the background the next time.

Jake

Quick and dirty:

Yup this edit shows why it would look strange. Why would one object in the image have a shadow yet another object not have a shadow.

Shadows give depth to an image, use them to your advantage.

I am unable to reshoot unfortunately, was pushed for time and did not want to fiddle with lights (even though I should have as I was against the clock). THey are for press, do you guys think they look ok with the shadows or should I just get to work on removing them all?

$69498d1395862326-advice-removing-shadows-needed-as525.jpg$69497d1395862314-advice-removing-shadows-needed-a213dfr.jpg$69499d1395862023-advice-removing-shadows-needed-asjygyj.jpg

Do not completely remove the shadows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back