Advice on the picture please

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Could you please give you're opinion on what may by tweaked with this as I may give it as a Christmas present. If you could explain the PS solution also it would be a big help also.

thanks

Entrant 34.jpg

Nice image, I would go with it.

I think this image is awesome.

It's a great shot of the swan but if you're going to print it I would sharpen the subject a bit and probably burn the background a bit, especially that really light area top right. Just my opinion of course. Since your profile says ok to edit, I gave it a very quick shot, you'd want to be a lot more precise if you opt for this:

Entrant 34 by S Catalano, on Flickr

I would clone out the limb in the background, the one immediately to the left of the bird's bill.

I like the work SquarePeg did above, but that limb bugs me in her envisioning of the shot as well.

It's a great shot of the swan but if you're going to print it I would sharpen the subject a bit and probably burn the background a bit, especially that really light area top right. Just my opinion of course. Since your profile says ok to edit, I gave it a very quick shot, you'd want to be a lot more precise if you opt for this:

Entrant 34 by S Catalano, on Flickr
I would clone out the limb in the background, the one immediately to the left of the bird's bill.

I like the work SquarePeg did above, but that limb bugs me in her envisioning of the shot as well.

I have taken the advice and change those things however:

The limb in that position I found a bit tricky and Im not sure have I done a hatched job so to speak. There was also a reflection of it in the water which Im kind of happier with. I had actually done a better job on a different version, which of course has been overwritten by mistake.

Im struggling to improve on sharpness, tried unsharp mask but not sure on it at all. Same with burning I not sure on the results but I do know it needed to be done

Opinons please
Entrant 34.jpg

Sorry, stuck in slooooow wireless LAN. Cannot see your revised image currently.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back