advice on which lens to purchase

nuno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I'm a new to photography, and my first dslr is a canon D450 + Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 which I purchased in asia 1½ month ago. Very happy with it :)

what brings me here, is doubt about which lenses I should upgrade, due to the fact that I would like to try something with a longer zoom.

My research on some sites and forums, as well taking my budget into consideration, resolved into these possible candidates:

1) Canon EF 70-300 IS USM F/4.0-5.6

2) Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro

3) tamron 70-300

These are whats possible to buy in local stores.
which one would you pick, or if you can recommend other lenses that give better value for money, please mention that and where to purchase.
I live in denmark, but purchasing online from other country its not a problem.
thanks in advance.

whats your budget then?
then we can decide and see if theres anything better

oh sorry, of course.. budget is maximum 536 €uro ( 4.000 Danish kroner )

Hi,
regarding the canon 70-300:
"The lens extends and rotates when zooming to 300mm. The rotation is a problem when using a polarizing filter or similar attachment"

Which other attachment will cause problem? anyone knows other lens in this range, that do no rotate when zooming?

thanks in advance.

ok.......... :er:

I'll just buy the canon 70-300 IS USM.

Hi,
regarding the canon 70-300:
"The lens extends and rotates when zooming to 300mm. The rotation is a problem when using a polarizing filter or similar attachment"

Which other attachment will cause problem? anyone knows other lens in this range, that do no rotate when zooming?

Gradient filters, Coklin System Filters, Cross filters, Some Ring Flashes, Umm... and like that. Usually noting at all to worry about. Really the only filter or attachment you're likely to use with a lens like that is a polarizer and many of them rotate separately anyway. Cross filters and gradients are lame IMO anyway (though there is something to be said for a ND Gradient). :D

ND = Neutral Density

850 is a lot to spend. Are you hoping to get one lens or a couple with that? With 850 you could get a nice 70-200L f4 (non is) if you dont mind 70-200 or used you might be able to (if your lucky) find a 70-200 2.8L (non is), both of which are considerably better then the 3 lenses mentioned, if you dont mind 70-200 instead of 70-300.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back