What's new

Advice Please On This Photo of Jade Lake

millerguide

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2014
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
China
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$jade1.webp This is Green Lake in Kunming, China. I am a BEGINNER. I took this with my new Fujifilm XE1 with full manual settings. I am just learning. I know I made many mistakes with composition and settings. Your criticism and advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
 
- don't shoot in harsh sun
- you have a nice leading line with those plants but you didn't use it that good
- you need a filter for the water
- others will tell more
 
Thank you mmaria. Very good advice. Anyone else?
 
- don't shoot in harsh sun
- you have a nice leading line with those plants but you didn't use it that good
- you need a filter for the water
- others will tell more

A polarizer would have helped with the water and maybe the sky. But you should probably stick to learning about the camera before you go buying things
 
I clicked on this link expecting a photo of a pretty lady called Jade Lake :mrgreen:

John.
 
A polarizer would have helped with the water and maybe the sky. But you should probably stick to learning about the camera before you go buying things
agreed
 
Try cropping out the lower half and imagin it without the for ground plants. Think letter box shape would add attention to the building. Simpler Image with less distractions.
Just my opinion, feel free to disagree. Well done on full manual. Try looking at compsition on the internet, then break the rules.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom