Advice

Kyuss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! This is my first post. I used to be into Photography back in the 35mm days. Since digital has gotten more popular I have owned a couple point and shoots and just haven't been satisfied with the manual controls.... So I did it. I bought a nice Nikon D80, which I'm liking very nicely...

Anywho, I wanted to take a picture and frame it for my dad for Father's day. I know he likes old barns, farming equip. stuff like that. I was driving around the other day and stumbled upon this in the middle of nowhere. I want to know what you guys think... any advice is welcome.

Barn.jpg

Please....someone, respond! Even maybe a warm welcome to the forums. Anything?

Just a comment about the photo would be nice.....

Thank you.

I can't give any technical comment but I wanted to ask...was it really that blue? I've never seen the sky that dark blue nor a barn to match it.

I like it and it will make a great gift for your dad.

I actually like the vibrant colors of this shot. Although I would maybe tone the sky down just a fraction.

And welcome :)

Regards,
Peter Witham

Thanks guys on the advice. Yeah, the sky did turn out a little blue... If I was to change just the tone of the sky how would I do that without changing the rest of the pic?

This may not be the correct answer. But for me, i would lower the blue saturation a tad.

Thanks guys on the advice. Yeah, the sky did turn out a little blue... If I was to change just the tone of the sky how would I do that without changing the rest of the pic?​

You could use "select color" for the job.

I like the vibrant colors as well and think it's a good shot.

Thanks for the advice.

I decided to keep the colors and am very pleased with the final result. Just got it framed today.

NikonD80186.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back