Aerial Photography from a RC Helicopter

CyberPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!Lately,Ive been reading alot about this new Aerial Photography from a RC Helicopter.Its basicaly mounting a camera on a RC Helicopter and then shooting pictures..I'd really like to buy one,but not sure wich one,and not sure how much it will cost..i really wouldn't want to spend over 1000$ for a RC helicopter,but when i watched one Red Bull video on Youtube,the helicopter looked huge!On the Heli there is also a video transmitter,that lets you view what your camera is vieweng,and also the ability to zoom in,zoom out, etc.I was wondering if there is someone who has experience in RC Aerial Photography,or even in RC helicopters that could help me :/..

I have some friends with RC helicoptors. If youve never flown one before plan on buying 4. you will crash. often.

I recall seeing one or two of these in videos for sale (I was nosing around youtube, didn't make a note of them though) and they were big items if you want to get something as heavy and good as a DSLR up in the air. The other point was most had 2 operators - one camera one helicopter control.

The problem is that setting up the whole system is not only going to cost you way more than the £1000 budget, but if you're doing it DIY chances are you'll hit a lot of technical problems with aerodynamics and ensuring that your rig is strong and stable enough to be used with a camera initially. That is before you get to flying and controlling (and crashing).

Also remember that not every venue/event/situation is going to let you use one; many will not want you having one hovering over spectators and the like for the risk of a crash (sudden wind, operator error, communication problems) and the following injuries. From memory most of the ones I saw being used were aimed at retailers and landscapers who needed those highup photographs, but wanted to work with a cheaper budget than booking flyover by an aircraft

Most reactions

New Topics

Back