AF Lens

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you seek the assistance of Auto Focus? If so, why?

Increasing years, declining reflexes and deteriorating eyesight; I guess you've got it all to look forward to.

Yes! AF is my friend - because well I only have AF on my Digital P&S. ;-)
But I have to do it manually on the Holga (HA! if you can call that focusing) and also on the LCA. But that's more like a cross your fingers and hope it's right.
When I get my DSLR going back into Australia (duty free - Woo Hoo!!!) I think I'll play around with the manual focus a bit more - but I love AF.

With my Football stuff I use AF ... but then again I wear glasses so I usually use AF. Guess it's a form of lazyness too. But I had a manual camera until I was 20 and I used to muck up as pride stopped me wearing my glasses ... now dang it I am 36 and I don't care how people see me ....... Except just out of bed ...

But AF mostly it's better for the glasses weares I guess

Yeah normally, more than anything just because the camera seems to be able to do a better job at focusing than I do. I do regularly use a manual bw film camera and my Medium Format is all manual also

I use auto focus most of the time, because I don't trust my eyes through such a small dim viewfinder.

I really like lenses with full time manual though, so I can make corrections as needed.

Conk said:
Yes, and because my lenses have it. For those of us with USM it wouldn't make sense to use manual. Besides manual is a hassle.
Not at all a hassle here.

My eyes aren't all that great unless I'm wearing my glasses, and the rubber eye piece thing for my Canon Camera is missing so it is slightly blurred when looking through my viewfinder.
I need a very reliable AF for that reason.
When I am using my glasses I usually use MF. Also, if the subject is too small or moves around too much I will use MF. :thumbup:

danalec99 said:
Do you seek the assistance of Auto Focus?
Auto-focus is one of the only features my camera has, it's so old. And, it usually focuses stuff the exact opposite of what I wanted; so, no, I don't seek the assisstance of Auto-focus...

Like several other I use it because my eyesight is not what it used to be. I have a harder and harder time focusing the lens. It came to a head when I started to loose shots because I couldn't focus fast enough. That's when I bought a AF camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back