AF seems off all the time

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have used a tripod on a still subject. Used the live view and zoomed in to the detail i want and I used the auto focus * button. Once it is auto focused, I could still focus it even more with manual focus. What do I need to do to fix this problem? My shot have beem missing the focus around the eye and now I started to think it is not user error.

Is this happening only with one lens or with all of them? Nikon has a system which allows you to 'fine tune' the focus for a particular lens and save it; I would assume Canon has something similar. Have you checked your manual?

I will now LOL. I will try my other lenses.

You asked, "What do I need to fix this problem?" So, I showed you a picture link to a hammer. Get a hammer, and hit the camera three,four,maybe five times really,really hard; that way,you will no longer be concerned about the minor autofocus miscalibration problem the body has, but will instead be concerned about another problem, or two, and all your worries about the AF miscalibration will go right out the window.:sexywink:

Have you set the AF point to the center one only to be 100% sure that the camera is focusing on what you want it to? I usually just leave it set to the center point most of the time anyways.

It is starting to sound like the lens really does have some kind of focusing issue.

Have you experienced this with any of your Canon lenses? Just trying to get an idea if it is the lens or body.

Derrel.. I really dont understand you man. Most days I respect you, some days you are just odd. You know what I wanted to do with the hammer? Shove it up your ....

Neil, I will try it with my prime tonight. I always use 1 point AF like you said. I just tried it with the live view AF zoomed all the way in to what I want to focus. Still not sharp.

Have you set the AF point to the center one only to be 100% sure that the camera is focusing on what you want it to? I usually just leave it set to the center point most of the time anyways.

It is starting to sound like the lens really does have some kind of focusing issue.

Have you experienced this with any of your Canon lenses? Just trying to get an idea if it is the lens or body.

Derrel.. I really dont understand you man. Most days I respect you, some days you are just odd. You know what I wanted to do with the hammer? Shove it up your ....

For a second I thought he was going to say hit it with a hammer because it's a Canon. :lol:

So even the 5D mk1 doesnt have this calibration either?

So even the 5D mk1 doesnt have this calibration either?

Ya it does seem to be a really new thing for Canon.

We should just be glad that any of their cameras have it at all. It used to be that you had to send in your lenses to get them adjusted before this feature came out I think.

As time goes on this will probably become standard on all of their bodies.

You may need to send it in to Sigma to get it adjusted. I leave it to the more knowledgeable/experienced guys to give you advice on this though.

Ill test it on other lenses first before I rule out the sigma.

Most reactions

Back