Afghanistan Wildlife

John M. Regan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
New to the group but I thought you might like to see a few pics from Afghan land. I spent a lot of time over there. The snake is a saw scaled viper; quite common and very dangerous. The lizard is is of the Eremias genus without a common name but I like to call it a "Spotted Tail Lasher."

Attachments

• DSC_0146.JPG
    DSC_0146.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN7330.JPG
    DSCN7330.JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 110
  • BBySS1cmp.JPG
    BBySS1cmp.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 114
Your a brave soul getting that close to that Viper. Nice shots

Nice shots John, welcome to TPF :icon_thumright:

New to the group but I thought you might like to see a few pics from Afghan land. I spent a lot of time over there. The snake is a saw scaled viper; quite common and very dangerous. The lizard is is of the Eremias genus without a common name but I like to call it a "Spotted Tail Lasher."
Thanks for the complement Sean, and to the others who commented; there's a lot in Afghanland that takes more courage than photographing snakes, though. But here's what happens when you do rile them up too much. A better photographer could have done something great with this.

Attachments

• Strike2.JPG
    Strike2.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 111
Nice shots. Also being in the scared to death of snakes category; I believe I would have pooped on myself when he struck. .

Nice photos.

I'd want a 12-gauge . . . I'm not that good of a shot.
:icon_eek: After such a blast there would be not much left for dinner. :icon_crazy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back