480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got a call from a HelpMe who wanted to go out and shoot the downtown area at night. Since I was bored stiff, I agreed to meet him.

So, armed with nothing but a D600 and an old-school 28-200/3.5-5.6 AF-D lens , I set out to see what I could find. No vibration-reduction lens, no tripod, no monopod. I wanted to be as inconspicuous as possible, as well as 'travel light'. I also wanted to practice my camera-holding technique.

And with black & white in mind (all the mixed lighting color temps would look awful), here's the 10 keepers:

WorldFoodPrizeatNightpost.jpg

RotaryRiverwalkPark_9171post.jpg

RotaryRiverwalkParkDetailNo1_9199post.jpg

RotaryRiverwalkParkDetaiNo2_9204post.jpg

WindowofStairs_9180postpost.jpg

ExileBrewingCompany_9300post.jpg

SimonEstesAmpitheater_9331post.jpg

SimonEstesAmpitheaterDetail_9364post.jpg

ParkingGarageStairwell_9243postpost.jpg

BicycleRack_9325post.jpg

Comments welcome!

Window of Stairs nominated for January POTM.

Wow! Window of stairs and exile brewing company are my favorites here. All are excellent though! Looks like quite a successful night!

Then that is the best thing one can do. Were you able to get her some help?

Her husband showed up and she eventually came up the steps with us. They ended up walking away together. I really didn't relish the idea of doing what Leonard DeCaprio said in Titanic..... "You let go, and I'm, I'm gonna have to jump in there after you.....Tell you the truth, I'm a lot more concerned about that water being so cold."

The fact that 1. she freely told me she was thinking about jumping in well before I realized that was her 'intent' and 2. stood there within arms reach of me for about 5 minutes meant she wasn't really serious about it. But she was really upset.

Got a call from a HelpMe who wanted to go out

What's a "HelpMe," she thought...

photo removed from quote

OH! THAT's what a HelpMe is!! Hey, HelpMe! How cool that you get to go shoot with one of the finest people I don't actually know, but feel like I do. :D

So, you went out with HelpMe, and then a lady basically asked you to "Help Me." I'm glad you didn't go out with "GetLost."

Seriously, Sparky, the photos are awesome, as usual--but the story about the lady in distress, wow--I didn't even think my opinion of you could GET any higher, but it just did.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back