after some practice - CC please!

EricaRie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to heed the advice I'd been given by multiple people, I read my manual and practiced, and did another session this past weekend. Here are some shots from the shoot. How am I doing?

DSC_0138.jpg

(1)

DSC_0135.jpg

(2)

DSC_0133.jpg

(3)

DSC_0131.jpg

(4)

DSC_0130.jpg

(5)

DSC_0125.jpg

(6)

DSC_0124.jpg

(7 - pretty much same pose as 6 but different setting so different coloring - which works best?)

DSC_0117.jpg

(8)

DSC_0115.jpg

(9)

DSC_0110.jpg

(10)

DSC_0102.jpg

(11)

DSC_0097.jpg

(12)

DSC_0085.jpg

(13)

DSC_0084.jpg

(14)

DSC_0055.jpg

(15)

DSC_0042.jpg

(16)

DSC_0038.jpg

(17)

DSC_0037.jpg

(18)

DSC_0028.jpg

(19)

DSC_0023.jpg

(20)

sorry, I know there's quite a few, but I'm wanting some good constructive feed back on coloring, composition, ANYTHING! This same girl now wants me to take pictures of her and her daughter. She is even offering to pay me to take those (these I did for free - just for fun). If I'm going to take someone's money for this, then I want to make sure I'm doing the best I possibly can given my experience level.

There are too many to post answers to...

Generally you did well, some better than others. I like some of the ones when they are not looking at the camera, more at each other.

There are too many to post answers to...

Generally you did well, some better than others. I like some of the ones when they are not looking at the camera, more at each other.

Thank you for your feedback! I tried to number them (the numbers are below each photo) to make it easier if someone had something to say about one photo specifically. "He" never smiles, photos or in general, unless you happen to make him laugh at something so I was very happy when I got a few with even just a smirk!

#20 is an example of where I am having difficulty getting both pairs of eyes in focus (especially when they are farther away). I'm not sure how to fix this.

#20 is an example of where I am having difficulty getting both pairs of eyes in focus (especially when they are farther away). I'm not sure how to fix this.

what lens is that and what settings?

If I had to pick one - #3 & #4
Although #3 is not cropped enough and #4 is cropped a little too much.

too many...but 12-13 r crotch shots and they r not appealing....i wouldnt appreciate those shots if i were the girl in the pic.

too many...but 12-13 r crotch shots and they r not appealing....i wouldnt appreciate those shots if i were the girl in the pic.

I noticed that after I got them on the computer, but she didn't say anythign about them. She's a good friend and very blunt so if she'd noticed she would have said something. Next time I try that, will have to find a slightly different angle. :meh:

I dont know if maybe it is just my eyes which it probably is since nobody else mentioned it but to me a lot of them look a tad out of focus. I really like the comps though. I agree about the "crotch" shots also. I would for sure shoot in raw and do some PP on them. You will be a lot happier with then end result. I am by no means saying there bad photos, i am just saying by doing a little PP will drastically change these.

what lens is that and what settings?

If I had to pick one - #3 & #4
Although #3 is not cropped enough and #4 is cropped a little too much.

I used this lens:
Nikon Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR Zoom Lens

And I think I was on Program mode but I don't remember the exact settings. I'm sure it's on the copy of the pictures on my computer at home but I can't get the info off the copy I put on my comp here at work.

I dont know if maybe it is just my eyes which it probably is since nobody else mentioned it but to me a lot of them look a tad out of focus. I really like the comps though. I agree about the "crotch" shots also. I would for sure shoot in raw and do some PP on them. You will be a lot happier with then end result. I am by no means saying there bad photos, i am just saying by doing a little PP will drastically change these.

I have considered shooting in RAW, but from what I've heard you have to have a certain type of software to edit in Raw. Is this correct or am I mis-informed?

what about the coloring of these? The lighting wasn't just right or just how I wanted it so I tried to fix it PP but not sure...

DSC_0105a.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

23 - no comparison photo here, there was nothing else I could think of to do with it :(

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

CopyofDSC_0110.jpg

CopyofDSC_0109.jpg

That is a good question. I have heard on here that a lot of people use GIMP. I don't know for sure if you can edit RAW images using that. I use Photoshop,lightroom and aperature and Nikons software. Hopefully someone that uses Gimp can chime in with the answer.

I think about half of them are out of focus.

How close were you? I would say get closer and use the 18-55 lens that comes with the camera, the more you zoom in, the more your pictures are going to have some shake blur to them.

For shots like this, and I am a total Newbie too, but I think I would put it on A mode and go with the lowest DOF the camera would allow me to do with a shutter speed of at least 1/100th?

or am I totally wrong

Most reactions

New Topics

Back