After The Rain

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After the Rain.jpg

My knee-jerk reaction to this image was it needs just a bit more "pop." When I clicked to see the full size image, it seemed to take on a totally different feel. Maybe someone else can explain why, but it's just more wonderful when viewed larger.

VERY nice!

-Pete

Very nice. Wonderful colors.

Flat, flat, flat...and needs sharpening. There is no pop as all the mid values are exactly the same.

Excellent! Love the colors and the droplets.
Thank you much for the nice words!
Flat, flat, flat...and needs sharpening. There is no pop as all the mid values are exactly the same.
Thanks! I sharpened it as much as I cared to and actually liked the " flat " colors. I wanted to make something that wasn't cookie cutter and just like every other photo posted. Sorry it didn't appeal to you.
...all the mid values are exactly the same.

And....
We are all different ( thank goodness 'cause the world would certainly be boring if we weren't! ), and I respect other's interpretations. I like to take small parts and suggestions from many people here and weave them together to make my own edits. This photo was taken immediately after a rain ( as the title suggests, lol ) and the available light was dark and a bit opaque. To make a subject " pop " would require artificial manipulation and change the look entirely. It would not be the same photo at all. Some people require everything to be bright and shiny, some people see the beauty in shadow and contrast. I rarely follow the well-worn path and see the same old scenes, because, well, I am " me ".

Most reactions

Back