After the storms we had some pretty dramatic sunsets!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had a bunch of thunderstorms rolling through late afternoon last week. Here’s a bunch from the pretty crazy sunsets that followed the storms. Feedback always welcome! Thanks for looking.

Tribe by SharonCat..., on Flickr

a break in the storms by SharonCat..., on Flickr

a break in the storms by SharonCat..., on Flickr

blue dingey by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Sunset after the storm by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Sunset after the storm HSS by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Sunset after the storm by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Servus Peg, lovely images ... one little point ... I wonder what you're doing with that specifically that you tend to have a visible halo on your images .. it's not a big problem here but for example first image has halo the roof rather visible

Beautiful! Love them all!!

Servus Peg, lovely images ... one little point ... I wonder what you're doing with that specifically that you tend to have a visible halo on your images .. it's not a big problem here but for example first image has halo the roof rather visible

Thanks for pointing that out I hadn't noticed it. Not sure what it could be on that one specifically. I have been taking a lot of sunset photos lately so lots of backlighting. I checked the raw file and the roof was pretty invisible due to the backlighting and the location against the treeline so I did have to lift the shadows quite a bit and bumped the exposure up. It's a single shot no layers but I did use the auto mask when I sharpened. Probably didn't help. I'll keep an eye out for that in the future.

Beautiful! Love them all!!

Thank you Susan, much appreciated.

Great photographs, very well done!

Most reactions

Back