Age is just a number - and I'm five !!! Remember it ..

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

we had a birthday today ... age is really just a number, and the amount of blown out candles too ...

full

I hope you'll like it ..

cheers, ~dan

Last edited:
Yeah six and what's the black bit obscuring in the top left?

Reactions: ntz
I hope the question is rhetorical :)

that's my humorous add to the scene ;) (I will tell you - it's grandpa)
No, not a rhetorical question or am I missing something? She's 5 and has six candles. I'm confused unless your playing cryptic mind games or I'm an idiot or both🤣🤣

Heaven forbid, I agree with Space Face........ :grumpy:

No, not a rhetorical question or am I missing something? She's 5 and has six candles. I'm confused unless your playing cryptic mind games or I'm an idiot or both🤣🤣
she told that she wants to remain five because in six she will have go to the school ... and she doesn't want .. I respect her choice ;)

she told that she wants to remain five because in six she will have go to the school ... and she doesn't want .. I respect her choice ;)
Well, I'd never have guessed that in a milllion years. Very criptic but I love her train of thought.

I dont know the specs on this image, but you needed either higher ISO, larger aperture, or longer shutter speed. thats a lot of noise in that image, especially at 100%.
on the good side, the focus is spot on where it needs to be, the field of view is perfect, and everything not needed is blurred. The timing of the shot was great. I think the black bar on grandpa was unnecessary with all the background blur, but that's a different issue.

I dont know the specs on this image, but you needed either higher ISO, larger aperture, or longer shutter speed. thats a lot of noise in that image, especially at 100%.
on the good side, the focus is spot on where it needs to be, the field of view is perfect, and everything not needed is blurred. The timing of the shot was great. I think the black bar on grandpa was unnecessary with all the background blur, but that's a different issue.

I've actually added the noise (or grain) and muted (half-desaturated) the colours and did other stuff ... current look (including the obscuring black rectangle in the upper left corner) was completely my "artistic intent" ... you can find original and untouched out-of-camera JPG here (I was working ofc with RAW, I am always shooting to RAW + M size/Normal IQ JPG) .. Shot was taken \w 40mm, f/2.8, 1/100s and ISO 1600

DSC_0865.JPG

I've actually added the noise (or grain) and muted (half-desaturated) the colours and did other stuff ... current look (including the obscuring black rectangle in the upper left corner) was completely my "artistic intent" ... you can find original and untouched out-of-camera JPG here (I was working ofc with RAW, I am always shooting to RAW + M size/Normal IQ JPG) .. Shot was taken \w 40mm, f/2.8, 1/100s and ISO 1600

DSC_0865.JPG
ah..well, adding noise and such would have been some good info to throw in the original post.
for me personally, this untouched version is far superior, visually speaking, to the edited one.
as it sits SOTC, it is a great shot. superbly done. to be fair, however, I have always been told I do not have a very "artistic" flair, as you will note in my own portfolio.

ah..well, adding noise and such would have been some good info to throw in the original post.
for me personally, this untouched version is far superior, visually speaking, to the edited one.
as it sits SOTC, it is a great shot. superbly done. to be fair, however, I have always been told I do not have a very "artistic" flair, as you will note in my own portfolio.
well, and I'm being said, that my artistic intents and my tastes are usually weird and molestatory to the original ;) ... thank you very much for your input !! highly appreciated ..

Nice shot. I like it with the noise and darkness, it gives the pic a different mood. There's a sadness to it like that, maybe it's because we all know what it's like to get older and lose our youth.

Most reactions

Back