What's new

Aged Dormer

Joined
Jun 23, 2009
Messages
385
Reaction score
0
Location
Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, this is a shot i took yesterday.

Would like some C&C please.

Aged Dormer
Aperture: F/8
Shutter Speed: 1/320s
ISO: 100

3779938996_765d3ca154_b.jpg


(New edited image with increased contrast)
 
Last edited:
Maybe a little over exposed, making it seem washed out. Adjusting the contrast could bring up some more color.
I have problems taking images like this myself. Interesting composition is difficult.
The images like this one come off mostly as documentary. Particularly with the lighting as it is. The image totally lacks mood. As a viewer, I am confronted with contrasting thoughts of a bright happy sunshiny day, while looking at something that should invoke sadness and a sense of loss or forgotteness (made up word). Sometimes contrasting emotions works. I don't see it here. Instead, the photo says "hey, look at this old building I found, isn't it neat?"

What feeling or emotion did you hope to show? What was your intent behind it?
 
Last edited:
i think it looks really nice ... very well framed/composed.
seems almost HDRish =)

Thanks alot.

Maybe a little over exposed, making it seem washed out. Adjusting the contrast could bring up some more color.
I have problems taking images like this myself. Interesting composition is difficult.
The images like this one come off mostly as documentary. Particularly with the lighting as it is. The image totally lacks mood. As a viewer, I am confronted with contrasting thoughts of a bright happy sunshiny day, while looking at something that should invoke sadness and a sense of loss or forgotteness (made up word). Sometimes contrasting emotions works. I don't see it here. Instead, the photo says "hey, look at this old building I found, isn't it neat?"

What feeling or emotion did you hope to show? What was your intent behind it?

When i open the image on my screen its alot more vibrant. The wash out look seems to come from uploading on flickr. Anyway to get around that?

I wanted the colours of the aged wood and rusted metal realy to pop but still keeping it bright so that it doesn't look gloomy and sad. Its more of a celebration of its age. Im old but still happy is the feel i was lookin for. lol. Not sure if that makes any sense.
 
Flickr claims to only add some sharpening to images, but does no color adjustment.
Browsers play a part too, Safari suposedly having the better color.
 
Flickr claims to only add some sharpening to images, but does no color adjustment.
Browsers play a part too, Safari suposedly having the better color.

Oh ok. I used Google Chrome to upload the image. Not sure if its a good browser for images. Downloading the Safari browser now and will see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tip.
 
I may have missed the original image, but the current image has good contrast...seems it's just on the verge of being oversharpened...starting to see hints of haloing along some edges.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom