Aged mother and child

triggerhappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
We used to live in Africa and this statue of mother and child is one of the things we brought back to England with us. There is something about the look in her eyes that I find captivating.

original.jpg

Well, triggerhappy, for some reason that I can't quite pronounce, I don't love it. Even though I can see that it has its plusses: the texture of the wood in the mother's face comes out nicely.
What could it be that I felt very uninclined to pass a comment even yesterday (which is when I saw it first and thought "Oh, let others say something first, then I'll see what I might add")? I don't know. Is it the angle? The choice of DOF? Is it because I don't see in her eyes what you see in them? Is it because the statue is more creepy to me than awesome? All these emotions here ... nothing to grasp. Which is why I refrained from commenting at all. And maybe others felt the same?

I like the statue, but there's something in the way you've cut off part of her head and eye that is distracting. And seeing as though you said the eyes were important yourself, I'd like to see them a bit more.

Very nice!
Amazing picture! :thumbup:
I love the contrast and composition. I think you nailed it! great job! :thumbup::thumbup:

Whoa, freaky :stare:

Personally I'd like to see a little more of the right side and not so much space on the left. A little brighter higlights wouldn't kill it either. Nice find though ;)

nice job and i see what you mean about the eyes. well done! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I'm not sure I've ever posted a photo with such mixed reviews before! All comments taken on board - I may go back and try a slightly different crop next time I'm home :)

La photo - thanks for your detailed reply - its really helpful :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back