Agency Portraits

Darrell C.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All, (First thread in the People Forum)

My company needed some portraits of employees. A Local photographer wanted to charge $100 per Photo. (For 100+ People) They thought it was a little pricey. I told them i would take them. They agreed, but first wanted to see a sample. So these are a few sample shots of my test dummy.

I decided to charge for the price of $0.00 :D , since I need the practice. ANY CC is appreciated. Lighting, Positioning..etc. (She's also sitting on a garbage can):lol:

Also, what is good to use to reflect light?

Thanks in Advance,
Darrell C.

2421963568_9a668a700a.jpg

2421963194_67f83947cb.jpg

In this one, it looks like camera noise in the background, but its actually the texture of the background that i used.

2421964000_795e465a6e.jpg

the second one looks like its got a yellow cast on it.

What are these portraits going to be used for?

The images look a little flat to me. When doing a portrait like that, especially on black, make sure to have a light that illuminated the back of her head. That way you separate the model from the background and therefore create depth.

Looking at how the highlights and shadows are falling, it appears as you have a bright light source almost directly above her head. I think this is aiding to the flat look and not producing pleaseing shadows.

I agrees that a kicker light in the back will give separation between her and the background. The black-on-black just melts into nonethingness.

Thank you so much for the CC!

Sara, I'm not sure where the yellow cast is coming from, or even if i see it. These are just being used for our insurance agents to put a face to a name when sending out mail to clients.

Phakimata, your right. I Didnt have anymore lights to light the back ground, but i'll definately have to consider that now. Thanks.

Kundalini, Yes there was a light directly above her. That caused the flatness, along with shadows under her chin and nose.

Most reactions

Back