What's new

Ain't Life a Doll?

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
29
Location
Owasso, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my first pictures I've ever taken with a DSLR. This was taken with my T3i the first day I received it (approx 2 weeks ago).

 
First impressions (assuming you are looking for C&C) - it looks underexposed and the background is very distracting - the out-of-focus (OOF) face and the large patch of light draw the viewer's eye away from the main image. A lot of the main subject is a bit fuzzy, suggesting that your depth of field is very small and thus even some of the doll is OOF.
_____________
WesternGuy
 
First impressions (assuming you are looking for C&C) - it looks underexposed and the background is very distracting - the out-of-focus (OOF) face and the large patch of light draw the viewer's eye away from the main image. A lot of the main subject is a bit fuzzy, suggesting that your depth of field is very small and thus even some of the doll is OOF.
_____________
WesternGuy

Thanks for the feedback. I was attempting to give it a somewhat grungy feeling, and I wasn't exactly sure how to work the composition.
 
Everything WesternGuy has said. Assuming thats a mirror behind the doll, or maybe just another doll. I would have taken the shot slightly more to the left. Like a profile view of the dolls face that would eliminate most of the distractions. Also i would crop it, too much space above the head, and to the left. Good work tho :)
 
Centered, looks creepy + I cant find anything interesting in this pic. sry
 
Hi,. welcome :D
i too had the feeling that she stands too much on the center; i really like how the other face is seen at distance, yet disturbed by the waxy filler seen in between

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom