Alaska Bush Flight CC

RedWylder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I fly a lot in Alaska for my job. Here are some photos I took during the flight. Being a small aircraft, I couldn't move around a ton to get good angles so I tried to work with what I had. I also didn't have a lot of options for shutter speed and aperture control as I was limited to natural light and no tripod...and a pesky pilot who thought it was funny to rock the plane side to side while I was taking pictures. :p

1. My view...not much to look at but an engine...had a little focus issues since we were moving.
DSC_1810_lzn.jpg

2. Inside while landing
DSC_1831_lzn.jpg

3. The aircraft and my favorite of the bunch
DSC_1832_lzn.jpg

4. Other airplanes
DSC_1836_lzn.jpg

5. Fence (obviously)
DSC_1840_lzn.jpg

6. More fence...wish it was composed differently
DSC_1844_lzn.jpg

7. That pesky pilot
DSC_1857_lzn.jpg

Great shots. The focus seems to be getting much better.

LOL autofocus is GENIUS!!

Nice shots. :) Where in Alaska are you at? I've lived in Sitka most of my life. Seen my fair share of bush planes.

I live in Fairbanks and travel up and down the Yukon River for work. I haven't had the joy of visiting Sitka yet but I hope to soon!

Thanks! It was the only one I thought was pretty successful.

wow this is a great sequence! The second is just the one I don't like to be honest, but other shot are breathtaking! You used the light very welle and I think that shouldn't be easy at all to do something better.
What I like best is that you make me feel the moment, the cool, the ice. I can felle the cool temperature... I'm there when I look at these shots!

Welle done!

Again thanks! I honestly wasn't sure about the photos and after my first attempt at offering photos for critique, I was a bit nervous to do it again. As for photo 2...was unsure of it (well all of them really but particularly that one) as well. In one of these small aircraft it's hard to get a good angle of the inside of the plane.

no problem.

if you'd like some more examples of stuff taken from the air, here's a link to a gallery i have of some taken from a Turbo Otter over northern Labrador.

(majority of those pictures were taken with the 18-55 IS kit lens as well)

i found that to get things sharp, i needed a higher shutter speed because of the movement of the aircraft over the ground blurring the trees etc.

Last edited:

no problem.

if you'd like some more examples of stuff taken from the air, here's a link to a gallery i have of some taken from a Turbo Otter over northern Labrador.

i found that to get things sharp, i needed a higher shutter speed because of the movement of the aircraft over the ground blurring the trees etc.

Can't get that link to work..

no problem.

Can't get that link to work..

oh, i see the problem... forum messed it up. here's the updated link! :) Login | Facebook

I live in Fairbanks and travel up and down the Yukon River for work. I haven't had the joy of visiting Sitka yet but I hope to soon!

I lived in Fairbanks for a couple years from about 11 years ago. I went to UAF. You'll love Sitka. Everyone goes to Juneau or Ketchikan for their SE Alaska fix because it's more convenient, but Sitka is much nicer (just ask the tourists who've been to all three!). There's a lot to shoot here. I've lived here most of my life and I still find new things to shoot.

Most reactions

Back