Alaska: C&C Please!

reedjam99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photosto40.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are three shots I took on a recent trip to Alaska. C&C would be very welcome.

#1 Just Outside Seward

4907975780_eb62407534_z.jpg

#2 Icy Strait Point
4907975772_ba958198a7_z.jpg

#3 Inner Passage
4907975766_65346a2516_z.jpg

Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism!

The only criticism I have is that you didn't post enough pics. I love 'em all.

First shot is amazing and takes the cake for me! However a slight crop and rotate to straighten it up would make it even awesomer.

Thanks guys. Nod, I've got some more in my Flickr stream, I didn't want to photo dump in my first C&C post!

Einstein, how much would you crop? I left the pine tree in intentionally to frame the shot, would it be better without it?

3-5 is the perfect amount of pics...more than that and I get lost and fail to comment.

1 is a stunning shot...definitely a standout above the other two for me.

Thanks for looking guys. I'm a bit surprised everyone seems to like #1 the best. I like #1, but thought #3 was the standout. Guess that's why it's good to get other opinions!

Einstein, how much would you crop? I left the pine tree in intentionally to frame the shot, would it be better without it?

no i agree the pine tree looks good left in there, i dont think it needs to be cropped to improve the composition but just to straighten it up. It looks off level to me, the lake edge seems slightly slanted and the pine tree leaning to the right slightly. I would rotate it slightly to the left and keep the pine tree!

Thanks Einstein. I went back in and took a closer look at it and you are correct, it is just slightly off level. I'll straighten that up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back