What's new

Albion Falls - Hamilton ON

djrichie28

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
264
Reaction score
7
Location
Waterloo, ON
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was hoping to get out and do some shooting today, but the weather is a major letdown. So I thought I would do some browsing and see some other people's images and share one of my own.

Thanks for looking.

4411913891_762c8ff1b0_b.jpg


f27 1/4sec
 
Richie
I like the falls, lighting and setting you have for the water.

What time of day was this?
What settings did you use?
How far from the falls were you?

I am always curious, how far did you have to travel from home to get there?
 
Thanks P

We took a trip to Hamilton exclusively to do some shooting of waterfalls, which is about a 45 minutes by car. There are over 100 waterfalls in the area. We only were able to tour about 3 that day with the higher quality light.

This shot was taken just as the optimal lighting hours were approaching. About 1:30 in the afternoon. The nice thing about winter is golden hour coming sooner than in the summer months.

I used an 18-200mm 3.5-5.8 lens (only because I don't have an ND filter to fit my higher quality lens yet). With the ISO turned down, I had to stop the lens down as far as I could at that focal length of 38mm to f/27, with a 3-stop ND filter I was able to go as slow as 1/4sec on the shutter for proper exposure.

We were about half way up the gorge on a landing that was approximately 50 feet from the falls on the left bank.

A small amount of post was done in Aperture 3 where I adjusted the Levels, added some Vibrancy and Sharpening.

Thanks Again.
 
Awesome shot man!
 
Richie
Thanks for the info.

I have been wondering about using some filters...I need to learn more about them.
 
WOW! Amazing shot! I would crop it and have just the cascading falls and remove the rocks on the bottom right and top right. Again, awesome shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom