What's new

Albuquerque Balloon Festival

Boney

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
8
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just spent a week in Albuquerque with the intention of seeing the Balloon Festival. This was my first time at this event and have been told it is the most photographed even in the US. I can believe it, with a crowd of up to 70,000 people it seemed like everyone had a camera in hand. To see the mass ascension which starts at 7 AM, you should get there before sunrise. Here are a few that I hope you like. Welcome your comments.

1.
$DSC_6225.webp
2.
$DSC_6307.webp
3.
$DSC_6329.webp
4.
$DSC_6363.webp
5.
$DSC_6337.webp
 
#1 is awesome. I also like 4&5. Looks like fun!
 
Neat images - I was there last year for the first time and really had a blast taking pics. Nothing beats the site of 200+ balloons in the air at one time. I was also impressed by the variety of shapes. Did you get the one where the two bees kissed, or was it there this year? I like the one with the moon in it and the one with the jet- sort of a contrast in aerial transportaton.

WesternGuy
 
I went to one of these big balloon festivals and it was an experience I will NEVER forget!! FUN! LOTS of color and exciting things to shoot! I really love the jet aircraft and balloon juxtaposition in #4!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom